Delicious Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
I love a delicious smoothie to start the day and this fantastic concoction contains a potent and nutrilicious blend of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and health-boosting ingredients.
Being quite high in natural sugars, it’s always best to balance smoothies with an element of protein. In the case of all of my delicious blends, I add a handful of almonds, cashews or walnuts. The addition of nuts will lower the GI and decrease the rate at which the sugars from the fruit enter the bloodstream thus avoiding the dreaded sugar spike.
It’s zingy, fresh and oh-so hydrating!
This beauty has a base of frozen banana, nuts, bee pollen and coconut nectar. Simply add to this base: chopped mango, chopped pineapple and the juice of 1 lime. Blend until smooth and creamy and serve over ice. Adorn with a few fresh sprigs of mint, then drift off to paradise!
Here are some nutritional values of the pineapple
- Pineapples are a rich source of immune boosting Vitamin C.
- They have a whopping 131 percent of your daily value of antioxidant Vitamin C.
- They are also high in fiber, which can also lower your risk of colorectal cancer.
- The antioxidants in pineapple, such as vitamin C, beta-carotene and the other vitamins and minerals present, including copper, affect both male and female fertility.
- The beta-carotene element also helps to lower the risk of developing asthma.
So you see, the health benefits are amazing, so get blending!
Written by, Holly Johnson.
Holly’s Wholesome Kitchen
Editor’s note: Thank you for sending in your delicious, healthy smoothie recipe Holly! Here’s a link to the Raspberry Razzle Smoothie in case you missed it last month.